MasterCard casinos are almost as common as VISA casinos for players all around the globe, including United States.
MasterCard is one of the best casino funding methods you can take advantage of, due to its simplicity, speed and availability but as mentioned in other sections of this site, many of the casinos that accept deposits via this method wont let you process your withdrawals that way. Still, making deposits using your MasterCard is extremely convenient, allowing you to make quick transactions and start playing within a couple of minutes.
MasterCard casinos are not as many as the VISA ones and the transaction success is a little lower, but don’t worry: we did the homework for you and here are the results of our hard work!
Best USA Casinos with MasterCard in 2020
MasterCard has been around for some 50 years, although it was originally named Master Charge, providing round the clock payments to millions of users worldwide. This credit card can be used for online payments at countless websites, online stores and online casinos as well. It was created in 1966 to compete against VISA who was dominating the US credit and debit card markets.
Hundreds of online gaming establishments allow their members to place deposits using their MasterCard credit and / or debit cards. However, less than half offer to pay back their players via MasterCard even if the players made deposits the same way.
This is the same issue we experience with VISA casinos. The reason for this behavior lies in strict MasterCard internal policies that include refusing withdrawals from gambling operators.
Nevertheless, you will be able to find online casino sites that allow both placing deposits and receiving withdrawals over MasterCard. Despite a reduced supply of casinos, many MasterCard holders stick to their favorite card and use it to finance their online gaming. If you have wondered why, read the rest of this article and you will find the answer.
Making Casino deposits with MasterCard
How to make Mastercard casino deposits and withdrawals
It is important to note that a MasterCard can be either a debit or a credit card, meaning the card holders can spend as much money as they have at their bank account (usually a checking account) or they can use a line of credit and pay the expenses later (most commonly within a month). Therefore, a debit MasterCard can be used for placing a deposit as long as there is a sufficient amount of money in the bank account, while a credit MasterCard can pay your deposit even if your bank account balance stands at $0.
Making a deposit is an easy process, consisting of three to four steps (depending on the casino) as it follows:
- Visit the Deposits page, Choose Credit Cards as your payment method and then opt for MasterCard.
- Provide your card details such as: 16-digit MasterCard number, the expiry date, CVV number.
- Choose the amount you want to deposit and confirm the payment.
Withdrawing Casino earnings to your MasterCard
Making withdrawals using MasterCard is getting more troublesome year after year. If a casino still allows you to receive withdrawals using your MasterCard, the procedure looks a lot like making deposits, except that you will be at the Withdrawals page. After you have filled pretty much the same empty fields, you will be able to see the money on your bank account in three to five working days. If, however, it is your first withdrawal, you will, most commonly, need to verify your identity and provide copies of your personal documents as well as your MasterCard. One more thing, if you want to use MasterCard as a withdrawal option, make sure you place a deposit over your MasterCard first.
Advantages of Playing at MasterCard Casinos
- Reliable. MasterCard can hardly be seen on shady, take-money-and-run online websites and playing at MasterCard casinos you can be pretty sure the casino in question is a reputable one. Second, MasterCard is the second-largest credit card in the world (right after VISA) and it uses the most powerful protection technology to ensure all their users can do their transactions safely.
- No need to open another account. Nowadays almost everybody has at least a couple of debit and credit cards in their wallet. If you already have a MasterCard, you do not have to make an effort and open an additional account (e-wallet for instance) and then load the new account using your MasterCard. Playing at MasterCard casinos, the card you already possess is more than enough.
- Credit line available. In case your MasterCard is a credit card (i.e. not a debit card), you will be able to place a deposit without actually having the money in your bank account (this can also be seen as a disadvantage if you don’t exercise some self control). MasterCard provides generous limits that will allow you to play like a highroller, so this can also be taken as a positive or negative side according to your game style and limits.
Disadvantages of Playing at Casinos that accept MasterCard
- Withdrawal Issue. As we have already mentioned, even if a casino has a MasterCard logo at their homepage, it does not necessarily means you will be able to make withdrawals using your MasterCard. MasterCard is widely accepted by online casinos for deposits, but the majority of them do not pay out their customers using the same method. Check with your online casino about this withdrawal option.
- Safety Issue. Many players fear to provide both their personal details and their bank account details to the same person / company. Online safety advisers often recommend avoiding these situations whenever possible. Although the majority of MasterCard casinos can be trusted, some players are intimidated with the possibility of falling all their information to the wrong hands. Although MasterCard security policies are second to none and they have a strict refund policy (like VISA does), you should be aware that there’s certain risk that your details will fall in the wrong hands if you fail to choose the right casino to play. Thats why we are here: to help you selecting a safe and reputable casino site to enjoy.
- Overspending: As mentioned before, MasterCard provides high limits and this can be a serious problem for players who dont exercise proper self control. Also, the fact that we are depositing using a credit card doesnt allow us to really “understand” how much money we are spending at the exact time… until we receive the credit card bill. Gambling should always be fun and under control. If you feel that this can be your case, use alternative payment methods that will allow a better control over your spending.
- Fees. Last but not least, online casinos quite commonly charge fees for all payments and withdrawals made with a credit card.
MasterCard Casinos FAQ
1. Is MasterCard a preferred payment method?
Yes, although there are fewer available casinos accepting MasterCard than VISA ones. This clearly provides a statement in terms of security and reliability. In general, most casino choose credit cards as preferred payment method for their transactions. Also, refund policies are an important player when your details fall in the wrong hands and MasterCard’s reputation is second to none in this area. Customers always come first. Period.
2. Is MasterCard the best credit card option?
This is a tough one. As we mentioned before, fewer casinos accept it but on the other hand, the fact that the chosen casino does, really makes a statement in terms of its fairness and reputation. So our conclusion is yes, MasterCard is one of the best funding options around and if you are able to stick to a stablishment that accepts this method, you will be playing in the big league.
3. Can I use debit and prepaid MasterCard?
Usually yes, but this pretty much depends on the casino you have chosen to play. You should contact them directly in order to get this information and know about limitations.
4. Is it a safe payment method to use at online casinos?
Definitely. MasterCard reputation is well known in terms of security and customer service, but as usual, you need to be careful about your decision on where to play. If your personal information reaches the wrong hands, you will get into trouble. This can be avoided by doing some homework, researching about the casino in question and making sure they count with sufficient technology to protect your data. Or, you can stick to our guides and follow our hard work. We at Instantwidrawals.org, will only recommend you the best places to play, online casinos that use advanced encryption and other safety measures also used by financial institutions to guard personal data and payment information.
5. How “Instant” are MasterCard deposits and withdrawals?
Technically, MasterCard deposits are considered to be fast, almost instant. Of course, you should always take in consideration that the casino personnel always need some time to process your requests but in case of deposits, they are usually completed within a couple of minutes. If you are lucky enough and your casino accepts withdrawals to your card, you should receive your funds within a couple of days.
6. What can I do if my MasterCard is rejected?
We offer a comprehensive list of the most relevant casino payment methods available to make the best out of your casino experience. Depending on your region and availability, you may consider using VISA, Skrill or Neteller which are widely accepted.
Interesting Facts about MasterCard
MasterCard was originally called MasterCharge
Created in 1966 to compete against BankAmericard (VISA). The latest re-branded to VISA in 1976 and MasterCard did the same in 1979.
In 1983 MasterCard created the first card hologram
Done to help thwart counterfeit credit card operations.
While all VISA original founders have a Wikipedia page and are known by the “MAFIA” nickname…
We just couldn’t find a Wikipedia page for Raymond Tanenhaus and Stanley Benovitz (original MasterCard founders). Maybe it’s because they are not related to the high tech industry?
In 1987, McCain Erickson agency came up with the brilliant marketing campaign: “Priceless” which is probably the only credit card campaign we will ever remember. For everything else, there’s MasterCard.
Walmart – MasterCard, a love story…
Walmart saves 136077.711 kg. of paper checks yearly, by using MasterCard’s payroll system. Electronic transactions also cut SASSA (South African Social Security Agency) disbursement by a half!
Numbers, numbers, numbers:
MasterCard processes 65,068 transactions per minute… and it only takes 130 milliseconds to complete a transaction, which is 2X faster than the time spent in the blink of an eye!
- Widely accepted even in U.S
- Safe and secure
- Fast and reliable
- Prepaid and Debit cards available
- Strict policies protecting customers
- Fewer availability than VISA
- Less casinos accept withdrawals
- Sensitive information at risk