Finding a big win casino site is not as easy as it may sound: it’s not only about the casino payout, the progressive slots available or the games RTP. It’s about all of that and more.
What would you do if you finally hit a big win and then receive a message from the operator informing you that the withdrawal process may take up to 10 years, all in all? Definitely not fun, but you should know that this happens pretty often and you can avoid the hassle doing the homework right. Of course, you need to win the prize first, but that’s another story…
Stick with me while we go over the major points you need to pay attention to when searching for a big win casino and get closer to that desired prize. In this guide you will find tips for winning big at a casino, info about progressive jackpots and inspiring real stories about huge slot machine wins.
How to Win Big at an Online Casino
I will be absolutely honest on this one: no casino strategy can grant your success, but there are steps you can take to get closer to it. The base of this guide is proper research about:
- How to identify the best online casinos to win big.
- Which casino games offer huge wins.
I mentioned it in previous articles: playing casino games should be about fun and not about making money. With that said, I can’t deny the fact that everybody want’s to win, specially when playing for real money.
How to Spot Big Wins Casinos
There are many types of gambling sites where you can win huge prizes. For example, there are venues that specialize in poker tournaments. In this article I will be talking about online casinos where you can win big playing at slot machines. Here we are aiming at reputable brands with high withdrawal limits – or no limits at all – that have a clear policy about jackpot prizes.
I know it’s boring, but you must read the casino terms and conditions to avoid ugly surprises. Think about:
- The casino withdrawal speed and limits: does the casino pay fast? what are the regular limits? did you find a suitable payment method available in your area?
- Casino game library: is the casino powered by one or more software companies? Did you find all the games you like to play? Does the casino offer progressive jackpots?
- Casino extra fun activities: does the venue offer tournaments with clear rules that meet your expectations? Here it’s super important to read the tourney T&Cs.
- Bonus Policy: when reading the promotions T&C, did you find friendly terms? are the bonuses cashable? do they ask high wagering requirements or set a max cashout?
- Operator license: see if they are properly licensed, have stated their details and have third party monitoring.
- Solid Support System: are there different contact methods? Do you see the casino details clearly? Is the support in your language? Do they have a traceable record of positive interaction with players?
- Big Win Records: did the operator paid big jackpots before? If they did, they won’t be shy to show it and you can probably find verifiable information about previous winners on their website.
What’s the Difference Between Big Win and High Payout Casinos
You would be amazed to know what percent of sites publish fake data. I dare to say that most of the casino payout rates published online are not accurate. The only way to trust this information is when approved by a third party monitoring companies, like eCOGRA. Basically payout rates refer to the percentage of player wagers returned as winnings during the period.
But here we are talking about occasional big winners and not the regular casino cash-flow. Huge wins distort payout data, because one player’s jackpot means many players bankroll on the ground.
Feel free to check my latest article about the highest paying casinos if you want to find more about that.
The Perfect Big Win Casino
Summarizing, we are looking for a reputable online casino – meaning we do all the regular tests we would do when registering at a new venue, but we also look for brands that offer progressive jackpots and a reasonable plan of payments, aside your regular cash-flow as a casino player. The banking system should be solid allowing for high withdrawals at once or within the same month. In general terms, the T&C need to be player friendly with regular wagering requirements and cashable bonuses. You don’t want your gaming session ruined by participating in a promotion that will slow your withdrawals or even void your winnings.
And by the way – I’m sure you know it but I would like to make a remark – there’s no way to win big at an online casino for free. If you want to win real money, you will have to make a deposit for real money. When playing with a no deposit bonus or free spins, there are strict wagering rules that are incompatible with big jackpots.
How do These Casinos Operate?
This will depend on the venue but also the type of progressive jackpots they offer.
Many online casinos are part of a wide network that belongs to a major software provider, such as Microgaming or NetEnt. When a player hits a seven-figure win, most of the prize it’s not paid by the operator but by the game company and the money is gathered from all the casinos in their network.
That’s how it’s possible to see stories from people winning more than 7 million dollars. They hit the jackpot. A progressive jackpot tied to a network with thousands of players competing for the same prize.
Big Win Casino Games
As I mentioned previously, in this article I’m focusing on winning big by playing slot machines, specifically the ones offering progressive jackpots. Of course, there are other games you can play and earn huge prizes too, but I already wrote about some of them in a previous article: 6 best payout casino games out there.
Play Online Slots with Progressive Jackpots
If you are aiming for a big prize and love to play slot machines, the best way is to go for online casinos offering progressives from major slot providers. I can mention NetEnt, Microgaming and Playtech between the most popular networks, but you can find others. For example, Mega Moolah is one of the most popular progressive games out there and several players won more than 5 million dollars playing this game at land based casinos.
- Here you can find Microgaming’s progressive slots.
- And here you can find NetEnt’s progressive slot tittles.
Types of Progressive Jackpots
The idea behind them is the same: to offer a game with a bigger prize, gathered from all the wagers made on selected games throughout all the network. Still, you will find small differences that make for these 3 different type of progressives:
- Stand alone progressives: since the game its not connected to any other games, the prize grows slower and it’s smaller. However, every wager adds to the jackpot prize, so if you win, you will get way more money than in a regular slot machine. They used to be hot stuff at the beginning, but with the evolution of slot machines features, currently you can’t find many games using this system.
- Local or In-house progressives: in this case, the operator links several games and builds an internal prize pool shared by all the players of that game in that specific venue or sister sites. In this type of progressive you will find larger prizes than in the first option.
- Wide area network progressives: this game is connected to hundreds or even thousands of other games through the game provider network, building a larger prize pool worth millions. Sometimes, there are online and land based slot machines connected.
What’s the Difference Between Big Win and High Payout Slots?
There’s a big difference between slot RTP or return to player: game payout, than a progressive slot.
Feel free to check the following articles about slot RTP and slot variance / volatility.
Practice Responsible Gambling
When talking about big jackpots, huge prizes and lots of money, naturally we become excited and want to play. As usual, it is important to keep it low and be responsible about our game-play and specially, our wellness. Winning a jackpot is not easy, it is actually really hard and involves betting lot’s of money. We built this site thinking about smarter ways to gamble online, not new ways for you to lose more money.
Please remember, gambling should be fun and not understood as a way to make money. You should be always in control, setting a sum you are willing to bet and eventually lose. Can you make money playing online slots? The real answer is no, but there are a few exceptions.