PayPal casinos are on the rise and is no surprise. Although it is the most popular online payment method, when it comes to online casino world PayPal is not that common. The main reason is that PayPal allows gambling related deposits and withdrawals only from a shortlist of European countries. If you are located in: Austria, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Sweden or UK, then you are lucky and can enjoy PayPal casinos.
On the bright side, you can be sure that if the online casino you chose accepts PayPal deposits / withdrawals, then you arrived to a good place. You can see the use of PayPal as a stamp of approval of the casino fairness, stability and reputation. If you can stick to PayPal casinos, something that depends on your geo-location, you are likely to enjoy the best gaming experience you can find on the web.
Online Casino Real Money PayPal for 2020
Limits: £/$/€ 20 – 80,000
Limits: £/$/€ 20 – 10,000
Limits: £/$/€ 10 – 100,000
Limits: £/€/$ 10 – 2,300
Limits: £ 10 – 1,900
Short History of Paypal?
PayPal needs no further introduction, it is by far the most recognizable and popular online payment method. Launched in 1998, PayPal became the leading e-wallet, with presence in 180 countries world wide and working in 25 different currencies. With the expansion of online gambling, companies that process online payments felt attracted to this industry that generates billions of dollars per year.
How to make deposits and withdrawals with PayPal
The reason for that is the strict company policy on which casinos to work with and where: pretty much they need to own a gambling license in the player’s jurisdiction and not only that, Paypal monitors and handles complaints against the casinos. In case certain establishment receives too many complaints, PayPal terminates the contract. There’s no place for jokes here. That’s what makes PayPal such a wonderful e-wallet that we wish was available for gamblers from other jurisdictions.
As mentioned before, with the trend of regulating online gambling in USA – that features the states of Nevada and New Jersey as the pioneers – we expect a favorable change and more regulated casinos will join the list.
How to Open PayPal Account
In case you are one of the few that haven’t used it so far, here are the steps to open an account:
- Go to PayPal and register your account, selecting your country or region.
- PayPal will ask you to select the type of account you are planning to use: Individual or Corporate. Please note that some limitations apply depending on the type of account you create, so choose carefully.
- Verify your email account.
- You will also need to select a payment solution to fund and withdraw money from your account. PayPal will ask you to link and confirm your payment method following a simple verification process.
- For example, If you chose credit cards, PayPal will deduct a small fee that will be refunded upon confirmation. For more information about how to verify your credit card with Paypal click here.
Making a Casino Deposit with PayPal
Naturally, the deposits are also very easy, done exactly the same way as making a purchase on EBay or Amazon. It is really easy to gamble online with Paypal. Check it out:
- Go to the casino cashier.
- Choose the deposit amount and fill your PayPal account email.
- You will be forwarded to your PayPal wallet: login and click approve.
Pay with PayPal at your selected casino: 2 seconds after you can start playing.
How Fast are PayPal Casino Withdrawals?
Well. As you know, PayPal transfers are instantaneous. It takes milliseconds till the funds appear in your account. However, the time it takes the finance personal to process your request varies from one casino to another. Some will do it immediately, while the others have 24/48/72 hours pending time.
We accept the fact that first withdrawal might take a bit since the casino needs to review your account, verify details and so on. However, we expect a solid casino to be able to transfer you the winnings within 24h tops.
To withdraw funds all you need to do is go to the casino cashier, choose the amount you wish to withdraw and click send. That’s it.
While all the casinos we recommend here accept PayPal for deposits and withdrawals, you may want to double check if the casino you are looking for has restrictions on withdrawals. Some casinos only accept deposits denying the option for withdrawals, and some other apply restrictions. Be aware here.
Advantages of Playing in PayPal Casinos
- As simple as buying a book on Amazon or a handbag on eBay.
- It takes about 30 seconds to make the deposit and the funds will appear instantly in your casino account. PayPal withdrawals take the same time, but here it depends on how long it takes the casino finance department to click the Send button. The PayPal casinos listed here handle PayPal withdrawals instantly or within few hours tops.
- If you deposit with a credit card, the gambling site gets hold of your card details. Not only once, but every casino that you sign up to. With PayPal, you do not share your details at all. You can signup to 100 sites and none of them will have access to your credit card or banking details.
- No fees on purchases or deposits. You might be charged with standard fees on withdrawals.
- Another advantage of using PayPal is that they are extremely picky in choosing the companies they work with. Therefore, PayPal online casino is a sign of trust and reputability. If they felt safe to do business with them, so should you.
Things to Notice
First, as we said, PayPal are very strict and work only in legislated markets and known and reputable companies. Currently only players from Austria, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Sweden or UK can use it to fund their casino accounts. If you are not located within these regions, you may want to consider searching for an alternative casino payment method.
Second, you must make a deposit with PayPal before you can use it as a withdrawal method. That’s the rules for almost all methods except checks and wires. The reason is to protect you and the casino from possible fraud.
PayPal Casinos FAQ
Due to PayPal’s restrictive policies, few online casinos actually accept this payment method. If you live in countries like Austria, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Sweden or UK, you will be able to use it. Sadly, there are no PayPal casino sites catering to USA players.
Yes. PayPal accounts are free to make and will only charge you a percentage per transaction. There are some other incidental fees related to conversion between currencies, but in general there are no extra fees associated to it.
Yes. You need to create an account with them in order to use their services. In the past was different and you could pay without registering, but not anymore. They will also require some personal information such as: name, last name, address, D.O.B and verification.
PayPal is fast, reliable and safe. It is also one of the most popular e-wallets around used in all major websites such as Ebay and Amazon. In regards to PayPal casinos, you can see the use of PayPal as a stamp of approval of the casino fairness, stability and reputation. This is definitely the best e-wallet you can find around and their reputation has been earned through many years of service.
Technically, Instant here means just a couple of minutes. You also need to consider the time that the casino personnel takes processing your request.
If your favourite gambling site belongs to the selected group of casinos accepting PayPal deposits, you are probably located in a region where the best software providers are available and you can play all their games using your Paypal funds.
Interesting Facts about PayPal
Before it was called PayPal, the company name was: Confinity
Confinity was a company dedicated to develop security software specifically for handheld devices. PayPal was created in 1999, as part of Confinity’s money transfer service.
Elon Musk, one of PayPal founders, got started designing video games when he was 12…
Started when he was only 12 years old and sold his project for $500 to a magazine called PC and Office Technology.
PayPal was voted as 1 of the worst 10 business ideas of 1999
Crazy, but its because PayPal was originally imagined just as a way for people to send money to each other using their Palm Pilots.
Founders and early employers of PayPal are informally termed as PayPal Mafia
Yeah, many of them became successful entrepreneurs in other companies like Linkedin, YouTube, Tesla Motors, Reddit, Adbrite and many others.
In Cyber Monday 2015, PayPal processed 450 payments per second…
Meaning, 1,6 million transactions per hour!!!
Since the end of 2015, PayPal declared processing payments for more than 80 billion dollars quarterly. One of PayPal’s first marketing strategies was: Freebies!!!
As one of many marketing efforts to attract eBay users to sign up, PayPal was giving away $10 free for users who would create a new account.
In the U.S., Paypal is the 2nd most preferred online payment method, right after Visa…
In the UK, Paypal is the most popular internet payment method.
- Transactions finished within seconds
- Stamp of Quality
- Great support
- Easy to set up and fund
- Data protection and confidentiality
- No USA allowed
- No Australia allowed
- Restricted casinos available
- Available only in few casinos